Bonus midweek post!
There is meant to be a picture here, but that is not working for me, so we’ll just skip that.
I know what you’re thinking. Why are you doing a tag in the middle of the week when you can’t be bothered to catch up on your posts?
Well, two reasons:
1. Valentine’s Day has been and gone, so I need to do this soon, otherwise it will be irrelevant and pointless
2. The prompt I’m behind on requires creativity. Which I am currently not capable of doing. Doing creativity? That makes no sense. Anyway, all that this tag involves is a few simple questions. Easy peasy.
On with the tag!
So Rachel from Stained Glass Windows tagged me again (definitely not because I asked her to because it sounds like a fun tag), so thanks Rachel!
Same rules apply as with normal tags: thank the person that tagged you, answer the questions, then tag someone else.
1. Are you currently in a relationship? (if this one is too personal, it can be skipped)
I am not. I have been previously, but that was more than a year ago.
2. Do you consider Valentine’s Day a big deal?
For me, personally, it never has been, but I feel like if I meet the right guy, I will want it to become a big deal. As much as I agree that it is “just another day” and “just a way for greeting card companies to make more money”, I do like the sentimental side of it, and the whole concept of celebrating love.
3. Do you like flowers? If yes, what kind? If no, why?
I love flowers! I’ve been given flowers (actually it was singular) once, and it was so sweet! So if someone gave me a bouquet, I would melt into a pile of happiness. My favourite kinds are tulips (always been my favourites), roses, sunflowers, and daisies. Basically lots of colour. Anything colourful.
4. What’s your favorite kind of chocolate?
The strawberry cream ones in a box of Roses. If someone else eats those ones, they will feel my wrath.
5. What’s you LEAST favorite kind of chocolate?
Really dark chocolate. Or ones with popping candy in them, or with peanuts.
6. Date night! Would you prefer to go to a fancy restaurant or go somewhere more laid-back? Or order in?
I’ve never actually experienced any of those, so I’m not really sure, but I guess it depends on the person I’m dating and what kind of day I’ve had. All of them sound like lovely ideas.
7. Stuffed bears! They’re cute, they’re cuddly, they keep you safe from nighttime monsters. If your significant other got you one for Valentines, would you think it was ridiculous, funny, or cute? (the act, not the bear)
I would melt. Again. And then either put the bear in a place of pride in my room, or take it to bed with me. Because yes, I do still sleep with a stuffed toy. Basically, get me a teddy, and I will fall in love. Maybe not. But you get what I mean.
8. Favorite romantic-type book?
Basically all of my favourite books are romances *guilty face* but if I had to pick one, I’d have to say Mexico by Melody Carlson. It isn’t a particularly romantic book, but there is this one line that is the most beautiful thing ever.
Context: guy and girl in early twenties, kind of ish dating, he’s been hanging out with some other chick while they’ve been in Mexico. They’re currently walking on the beach one last time before leaving.
“Looking at you is like experiencing this amazing sunset over the ocean. The sky is full of these soft rosy colours, so rich and warm you wish you could touch it, and you never want it to go away, but it does, and you’re left there just wanting more.”
And then he goes on to say that the other girl is like flashy and loud fireworks. But seriously! I would cry if someone said that to me!
9. Favorite romantic movie?
Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version). Or The Princess Bride. Or Ever After. Or Les Miserables, if that counts. Basically anything set in some kind of historical setting with two people in love.
10. What’s your love language (physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, acts of service, gifts)?
I personally think that I am most of them. I love physical touch, as well as words of affirmation. I love to serve, and I love to give and receive gifts. Quality time with someone? Priceless! But according to a test that I did a while back, my main one is physical touch.
So, what we learned from that is that I am a sentimental, lovey dovey person that would be pretty easy to please on Valentine’s Day.
I’m not tagging anyone, because a) I don’t know who to tag, and b) this tag is kind of out of date now anyway.